Get a free PROMO CODE for discounts on the 2014 Chicago Travel and Adventure Show. Are you ready for some adventure travel in 2014 from Chicago? Make sure to come out and visit the 10th Annual 2014 Chicago Travel and Adventure Show at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, January 11 and 12. This two-day event is your ticket to discover authentic travel experiences, snap up the deals and win trips and giveaways, and be entertained and delighted at this amazing travel extravaganza. You’ll hear travel tips from the experts including travel legend Rick Steves, Samantha Brown, Patricia Schultz, Pauline Frommer and more. Experience scuba diving, see SeaWorld’s animal exhibit and cultural performances.
The show takes place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Hours: Saturday, January 11, from 10 a.m.to 5 p.m., and Sunday, January 12, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (The show opens at 9:30 a.m. Saturday for travel professionals.) Tickets are $10 online with Promo Code: CHPR or $15 at the Door. Kids 16 years old and under are free of charge.
- Rick Steves, public television host and author of over 50 guidebooks including the travel skills handbook, Europe through the Back Door, shares lessons he’s learned from a lifetime of travel. His entertaining, information-packed 90-minute slideshow lecture will teach you all the latest on stretching your travel dollar, avoiding crowds, packing smart, and eating and sleeping well.
- Samantha Brown makes her return to the Travel and Adventure Show this year. The host of several Travel Channel shows, including “The Trip 2014”. In her time at Travel Channel, Samantha Brown has visited dozens of countries, hundreds of cities and countless hotels around the world. Previously, Sam traveled through various areas of China for Samantha Brown: Passport to China. In Passport to Latin America, Samantha took viewers to 20 cities, revealing colorful landscapes and warm populations. Prior to that, Sam immersed herself in European culture, traveling to 65 destinations from magnificent capitals to tiny mountaintop villages to ancient seacoast towns in Passport to Europe.
- Todd Carmichael, host of Travel Channel’s “Dangerous Grounds,” travels the globe sourcing coffee from Bolivia to Vietnam, and points in-between. As owner of La Colombe, coffee fuels his passion for adventure, and travel is his life. Carmichael explains how, when hunting down rare strains of coffee in some of the most fascinating and unseen places in the world, you never know what the next adventure will be. He relishes those unexpected moments and off-the-beaten-path experiences that you could never plan for, such as surfing the Nile river and navigating the mountains of Nepal in an ultra-light aircraft.
- Pauline Frommer, a member of America’s first family of travel is the creator of the Pauline Frommer’s Travel Guides, the award-winning guidebook series aimed at adult budget travelers. She is also a nationally syndicated radio talk show host of “The Travel Show,” which she cohosts with her father, travel legend Arthur Frommer.
- Travel Experts– the travel celebrities are just a few of the experts who will be on hand, with two full days of days of discussions, seminars planned.
- Adventure Activities –, mechanical bull rides, sled dogs meet and greet and SeaWorld Animal Exhibits are all free with admission.
- Culinary Theater lets you taste the international flair – literally – as chefs demonstrate their best recipes from far-flung lands. Top Chef fan favorite, Fabio Viviani is headlining.
- Global Beats Stage – non-stop musical and dance performances representing cultures around the world (with many in full costume).
- Dream Destinations – representatives will be on hand from U.S. locales (including Alaska and Hawaii), as well as experts who can help plan trips to Africa, Antarctica, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, India, Mexico, the UK – even Yap Island in the western Pacific Ocean.
Subscribe to Free Miles Traveler by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what’s happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Free Miles Traveler by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box (above right) and click the “create subscription” button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.